Just like many things, COVID has impacted our mission trips to the Amazon. As of right now, we are planning to have regular trips starting February 1, 2022. Our mission trips are to serve the people of the Amazon; thus, we want to minimize the risk of spreading COVID as much as possible. Following are procedures that will be followed on the Amazon trips.
Effective November 8, 2021 all travelers to the United States by air must attest to their COVID-19 vaccination status and undergo testing.
Fully vaccinated U.S. citizen travelers must continue to provide a negative COVID-19 test within three calendar days of traveling or documentation of recovery in the previous 90 days.
Unvaccinated U.S. citizen travelers two years of age or older will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test taken within one calendar day of traveling or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the previous 90 days.
• A negative COVID test is required to enter and exit Brazil. COVID tests to exit Brazil will be available on the CBM Amazonia boat and results will be available within four hours of taking the test.
• The crew will sanitize luggage prior to being put on the boat.
• All food and beverages will be carefully cleaned prior to use.
• The boat will be sanitized and cleaned daily after each village is visited. There will be an increased frequency of cleaning of all surfaces, windows and floors. All products used to clean will follow the health department’s recommendations to disinfect and sanitize.
• There will be daily temperature and health checks.
• All personnel on the boat will wear a mask when patients are present. All village personnel coming on the boat will be required to wear a mask.
• Hand sanitizer will be accessible at all times in various locations on the boat.
• We encourage everyone to take advantage of the travel insurance that is offered, but it’s not a requirement.
The crew is ready to travel and anxiously awaiting your arrival. We will be in contact with you if your church is scheduled for a trip in 2022 and 2023. Please continue to pray for the preparations for future trips, the Amazon team and the villages to which we minister.