Just like many things, COVID has impacted our mission trips to the Amazon. As of right now, we are planning to have our first trip of 2021 in August and to continue scheduled trips through October. Our mission trips are to serve the people of the Amazon, thus we want to minimize the risk of spreading COVID as much as possible. Following are procedures that will be followed on the Amazon trips.
• A negative COVID test is required to enter and exit Brazil. COVID tests to exit Brazil will be available on the CBM Amazonia boat and results will be available within four hours of taking the test.
• All volunteers and boat crew must have the COVID vaccination. Please take a picture of your vaccination card and have it on your phone. According to the CDC, people are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2 dose series and 2 weeks after a 1 dose shot.
• The crew will sanitize luggage prior to being put on the boat.
• All food and beverages will be carefully cleaned prior to use.
• The boat will be sanitized and cleaned daily after each village is visited. There will be an increased frequency of cleaning of all surfaces, windows and floors. All products used to clean will follow the health department’s recommendations to disinfect and sanitize.
• There will be daily temperature and health checks.
• All personnel on the boat will wear a mask and gloves when patients are present. All village personnel coming on the boat will be required to wear a mask.
• Hand sanitizer will be accessible at all times in various locations on the boat.
• We encourage everyone to take advantage of the travel insurance that is offered, but it’s not a requirement.
The crew is currently taking vitamins and over the counter medications to some of the villages. The crew is ready to travel and anxiously awaiting your arrival. We will be in contact with you if your church is scheduled for a trip in 2022 and 2023. Please continue to pray for the preparations for future trips, the Amazon team and the villages to which we minister.